Chairman Gray Van Buren County Democrats did it right
Democratic Party of Arkansas Chairman Michael John Gray and the Van Buren County Democratic Party held a celebration on Tuesday night.
The gathering brought together all their Democratic public officials that had served the Van Burn County community. Together all the individuals honored Tuesday had a total of 94 years of service.
Each official was presented with a plaque from the County Party members.
The outgoing officials were:
- Sheriff Scott Bradley, 15 years
- County Judge Roger Hooper, 8 years
- Circuit Clerk Ester Bass, 16 years
- County Assessor Trina Jones, 11 years
- County Treasurer Kim Hunley, 16 years
- County Collector Lisa Nunley, 21 years
- Justice of the Peace (district 9) Kevin Housley, 4 years
“These elected officials are Democrats through and through because they care about people and because they have done the work,” said Chairman Gray in a speech to the crowd.
“The Chairman was a hit. He made a great speech and everyone was impressed,” said Paula Smith, a longtime member of the Van Buren County Party. “It meant a lot to those people that served us, and we made it him work!”